Telephone: (610) 363-9333 | Email: email@example.com
Joseph A. Carita is a trusted partner to clients, including banks, other lenders and businesses in a wide range of financing transactions and commercial litigation matters; the latter with an emphasis on payment disputes, asset recovery and business accounts receivables. He understands that while clients regard legal representation as an occasionally necessary expense, it needs to be done efficiently, and in a cost- effective manner. In addition to documenting commercial real estate loans of various types, commercial business loans and equipment financing of various types, Joe also devotes a substantial portion of his practice to creditor’s rights, from pre-litigation workouts to litigated matters, through post judgment execution and foreclosure sale.
In litigation, he believes the client’s input is critical to every step of the process and that can only occur when the client is kept fully advised as their matter progresses. He has represented national commercial lenders, special servicers, regional banks, equipment financing companies, other major creditors and businesses of all sizes.
Joe has nearly 30 years of jury and non-jury trial experience. He has also represented clients in complex mediation and ADR matters and has been responsible for all aspects of litigated commercial and liability matters. Regardless of the task or legal path taken, the goal is always the same; achieve the client’s objective of the optimum outcome with the minimum of expense and time.
- Counsel to a regional bank negotiating and drafting the loan documentation for multi-million dollar loan transactions for off campus university housing.
- Assisting bank client in arranging financing for a metals processing customer to expand its operations.
- Represent a local bank in a loan to a non-profit customer to expand their location by purchasing the adjoining property and constructing new facilities.
- Representing a regional bank in state court and bankruptcy matters involving a convicted New Jersey real estate investor who pled guilty to bank fraud charges involving negotiation of a $25,000,000 check.
- Representing a regional bank in a matter involving an attorney, later disbarred, who misappropriated approximately $800,000 in funds from mortgage re-financing transactions who was attempting to defraud his clients and the lenders.
- Representing a national special servicer in an $88,000,000 foreclosure of an office building in Hackensack, New Jersey.
- Representing a construction equipment finance company in numerous actions to recover collateral.
- Representing court appointed receivers in foreclosure matters.
- Representing a diesel engine seller and servicer in all aspects of debt collection litigation.
- Advising clients, including national and regional banks, and special servicers, on pre-suit matters such as work out proceedings, debt restructuring, refinancing and regulatory compliance.
- Defending business creditors in preference actions brought by bankruptcy trustees.
- Rendering post-bankruptcy petition advice to creditor clients on debtor/borrower reorganization plans and post-petition financing.
- Defending financial institutions against claims of Uniform Commercial Code violations regarding check warranties and check collection, including forged and stolen checks.
- Former Municipal Prosecutor; Medford Township, Riverside Township, Shamong Township.
Joseph has been appointed as an arbitrator in civil matters by the Superior Court of New Jersey and regularly serves in local counties.
- J.D., Widener University School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, Bucknell University
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Business & Community
- Court Appointed Arbitrator, Superior Court of New Jersey
- Member, Businesses Committed to South Jersey
- Member, South Jersey Bankers Association
- Member, Burlington County Bar Association
- Presenter, “Legal Lightning Round; Refreshing Your Checklist for the Next Wave,” Trigild Fall Lender’s Conference, San Diego, CA, October 2016
- Greater Burlington County Chamber of Commerce – Chairman of the Board (2010), Board of Directors (2008-2013)
- Delran Township Zoning Board – Chairman (1998-1999), Member (1995-1999)